Since the Canadian postal service finally decided to go back to work (read: were legislated to get delivering!) I figured it was finally time to get this project out the door!
Here is a shot of each of the potholders while I was layering them. I’ve had a lot of trouble with layers slipping in the past, so I over-pin. I pinned two lines: around the edge of the embroidery and around the edge of the batting. I used Insul-Bright which I’ve had kicking around for a while for the center layers. Then I measured 2 inches around the embroidery (awesome that it was so square, it made the measuring of the entire piece very easy to square) and machine basted along that line all the way around. I pulled out the pins and cut my final edge about an 1/8th of an inch away from the stitching.
Finally, I bound the edge with bais taping in contrasting colors and stuck in a loop for hanging. YAY! All done!
I sure hopes she likes them! I’ll be throwing in a few “Calgary” mementos and then it will be on its way to Atlanta!