I started to realize that if I outlined every single thing that I made this xmas, I would be here until Easter, so I’m grouping widely, just let me know if you want me to slow down and show you something in more detail.
Exhibit 1: the tablet case.
Robot print on the outside, circuit board print on the inside, this beauty was intended for my dad’s tablet. No velcro or clasps to scratch it up, there are magnets sewn into the inner faces.
In my defense, it fit my iPad with loads of room to spare in both dimensions. Fluffy quilting make it soft padding for crashing into things, like dogs (my parents have 3 enormous siberian huskies). How was I to know that his tablet is like 3 times thicker and an about 25% longer than an iPad?
By repositioning the magnet onto a little flap, I extended the reach of this baby by several inches. It can be closed either with the flap on the inside OR the outside of the body.
My cousin invited my family to her place for dinner… she said not to bring anything, but I wanted to bring something nice for her. Enter flavored Schnapps… and pretty bag to put it in!
and looky inside!
And lastly, a bag all for me! This is based on that cute little earbuds case… just bigger. Can you believe I got this stuff on super-duper clearance? So cool.
It’s seriously neon green!
i found this amazing remnant at fabricland a few weeks ago… it feels like leather, looks like an alligator skin on the one side, and is grey and furry on the other side, not unlike my second favorite cat in the world: luna.
Coincidentally enough, at xmas I bought a GPS (yay for boxing day sales!) and I noticed very quickly that every time I used the GPS I had to bring it with me out of the car (so it didn’t freeze in -40 degree weather and so no one would break into my car) and that I needed some to carry it around that would keep Gina (yes, I named my GPS Gina) safe in a stylin’, yet effective way. It was a match made in sewing heaven!
I started by cutting a 6-inch strip off the end of the remnant, enough to wrap around the unit the long way plus a flap to close it, and cut off the rest. I put right sides together and ran a line of stitching down each side.
Then I just started to sew the sides closer and closer until I had the right fit for my unit – I wanted it snug, but not too tight. I finished off one side of the opening by folding over and sewing, and finished off the other side of the opening by making a sort of triangle shape for the flap. I added magnets in the flap and main body ***MAKE SURE you test the magnet placement so they’re the right polarity otherwise your flap will REPEL the case, not stick to it!!!*** and then enjoy!